Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tony's Italian Grill
2315 East Main St.
Endwell, NY 13760

(607) 785-0127 or (607) 785-3750

Monday - Thursday 11am - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 11am - 11pm
Closed Sunday 
I used to love this cute little local Italian restaurant. Very fancy and not to expensive either and filling. I am from the city and I have to say I hadn't found pizza that was great until Tony's I loved their oven brick pizza.  And I've gotten there pizza on many occasions and have yet been disappointed, but this is the first time I went in and sat down to eat. Even though I am all about supporting my local restaurants, there are many local Italian restaurants that could be more consistent than Tony's Pizzeria.

Pros: Full Italian Menu
          Beautiful exterior
          Beautiful interior very elegant
          I'd consider this more on the fine dining side
          Reasonable price
          Host is very pleasant and seat you right away
          Great Oven Brick Pizza
          Cleaning parking area
          There is a coupon that gets mailed in the clipper magazine for buy 1 dinner entree get 1 free from 4-6pm, I would take my chances only with a coupon.
 
Cons: Not willing to fix error, it will be a fight to get a price of the check.
           It's a 50% chance between spectacular and worst food ever
           No re-fills on drinks
         
Entree


Chicken Parmesan Dinner Entree
This is just plain breaded chicken, sauce, and cheese. First of all the waitress got my order wrong. And then she had the nerve to think it was OK to just leave it just the way she served it and wanted me to accept the additional charge for something I didn't order. Secondly she took my plate away to fix the mistake but she didn't really fix the mistake she just put the Chicken Parmesan in a different plate and re-bought it back to me. I didn't appreciate that. 
So on the food, today I thought the chicken Parmesan was a little dry but there sauce is pretty good. The cheese was very skimpy. The breading on the chicken Parmesan was good.  The bread that came with this meal was Italian bread and it was very soft and they served it with this seasoned oil, I personally am not a big fan of this seasoned oil, it could be olive oil but I still prefer buttered bread. 

Veal Parmesan Dinner Entree w/ Spaghetti and sauce
OK, so this was phenomenal even though I just gave a terrible review on the chicken Parmesan this is just plain delicious, it was tender and soft an full of flavor. The cheese was just the right amount and the piece was pretty damn big. I absolutely loved everything about this dish. 

In prospective on might think that it's a gamble you walk in at certain times and you get really great food and other times very terrible food, so you can either take your chance or just get pizza to go and enjoy. 

Cheese and Broccoli Soup. 
 It taste more like split pea soup and I enjoyed it very much since I love split pea soup. It's to die for.

I think this was a very bad experience, when someone does wrong by me I expect compensation even if it's a sincere apology. Don't argue with me and tell me I ordered something when in naturally I would never order it. Overall, the experience was terrible, and the food was so-so.
Overall I give this a 2.5 out of 5 


Return back HOME or continue to browse other restaurants

1 comment:

  1. Hi;
    I thing you don't understand nothing about food and with you the 98% people live in the Binghamton area. My name is Fabrizio, noncepiureligione@gmail.com . Im a professional restaurant food consultant . If you need help ?

    ReplyDelete